Intermountain Academy provides:
- Classroom instruction
- Transition/integration support between referred students and their home school
- Opportunities for accelerated curriculum
- Behavior assessment and Behavior Intervention Plan development
- Monitoring Individual Education Programs (IEPs) and reporting goal progress back to the home school (if applicable)
The Intermountain Academy Curriculum:
- Utilizes positive behavioral support.
- Maximizes measurable academic achievement in core subject areas – math, science, language arts, social studies, and the arts.
- Is individually customized for each student because of the school’s balanced student-to-faculty ratio.
- Offers educational material in gradual sequences to meet the needs of each student.
- Is delivered by faculty well-trained in behavioral models, utilizing positive behavior support and emphasizing the concepts of programmed learning.
- Includes educational and vocational opportunities throughout Pima County.
- Supports positive replacement behaviors for anti-social and other behaviors that interfere with learning and forming meaningful and lasting relationships.
- Is a nationally accredited school certified by AdvancED.