Functional Behavior Assessment
Tucson / Northern AZ
Functional Behavior Assessment Services:
- Intermountain Centers offer Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA) services for individuals in Pima County and the Southeastern regions of Arizona exhibiting challenging behaviors.
- For over 45 years, Intermountain has provided adults, children and their families with individualized Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA) services, which are sculpted to the strengths and needs of each member.
- These services are provided in English and Spanish.
Overview of FBA Services:
Intermountain’s FBA Services provide members and their families with in-home educational support, allowing members to overcome challenging behaviors and stabilize crises in a non-restrictive and familiar setting. This approach makes learning new skills and creating a meaningful lifestyle change easier on members as they learn how to navigate through personal and family crises.
Three FBA goals to enhance member learning:
- Incorporate each member’s family, friends and others in their community as part of the crisis stabilization process.
- Use completed assessments to provide an accurate picture of the individual’s challenging behaviors faced in their home.
- Develop effective stabilization procedures in settings where the client’s triggers and stressors occur.
Success in a crisis stabilization plan requires member stability across environments and caregivers. Members gain independent stability by working side-by-side with a behavior support specialist. This specialist also works with the member’s Child Family Team or Adult Recovery Team to implement the behavior plan and manage crisis situations as they arise. Once the member shows a mastery of the plan and replacement behaviors, a transition plan is initiated to shift the member back to their natural support system at home.