Summit Outpatient Program
Philosophy of the Summit Outpatient Program:
With a framework structured around the Adolescent Community Reinforcement Approach (A-CRA), the Summit Outpatient Program helps adolescent members confront and overcome challenges related to substance use. The goal of the program is to reinforce the positive aspects of the member’s life through constructive lifestyle choices that promote sobriety.
Components of the Summit Outpatient Program:
- The Summit Outpatient Program is built on the belief that substance use is a behavior intertwined with, and most commonly derived from, problems in the individual’s life.
- The program assists members and their families in addressing problems in their lives that are promoters and products of substance use.
- Youth ages 12 to 17 who are struggling with substance use disorder are encouraged and supported on their mission to obtain long-term sobriety through the Summit Outpatient Program.
- The Intensive Outpatient Program utilizes positive reinforcement modeling and role-playing, which encourage members to learn new skills and create their own motivation to make a permanent change.
- Treatment is customized to the specific strengths, needs and culture of each member and their family.
- Group counseling helps adolescents identify and practice coping skills and build support systems to increase individual recovery efforts.
- The Summit Outpatient Program staff maintains communication with each member’s Child and Family Team.
All youth ages 12 to 17 years who are enrolled in behavioral health services and their families are eligible for the Summit Outpatient Program.
Information and Referral Contact
Phone: (520) 721-1887 x-1474