Adult Behavioral Health Therapeutic Homes
Tucson / Northern AZ
STRUCTURES OF THE PROGRAM:
- Homes serve between one and three residents, with providers available to monitor them on a 24-hour basis.
- Each resident has their needs assessed and a specific ABC treatment plan is then tailored to help them achieve their goals along with a full Functional Behavioral Assessment.
- Intermountain Coordinators provide support and oversight of the homes and the resident's treatment progress through weekly home visits.
- As the resident meets their goals, new ones are set until they are ready for the next step in their recovery.
SKILLS WE TEACH:
- Basic independent living skills such as household budgeting, cooking, laundry, and navigating Tucson's public transportation system.
- Social and communication skills.
- Conflict management, setting and maintaining boundaries.
- Interviewing and job placement techniques.
- Anger management: how to identify triggers, identification of coping skills, and support in the application of these skills.
- Managing symptoms of medical conditions and identifying triggers for substance use
- Addiction recovery through community support groups; assistance in choosing a sponsor.
OUR THERAPEUTIC PROVIDERS:
- Are highly-trained individuals at least 21 years of age who meet both DHS and Intermountain Centers' licensing standards.
- Can clearly demonstrate patience, compassion for residents, teamwork, and sound judgment.
- Have received at least four hours of clinical supervision per month from Intermountain Coordinators.
- Monitor the self-administration of residents' prescription and over-the-counter medications.
- Must complete on-going training to total 24 hours of annual continuing education.