Therapeutic Foster Care/HCTC
Tucson / Southeast / Maricopa County / Pinal County
- Children placed in Home Care Training to Home Care Client (HCTC)/Therapeutic Foster Care homes can have heightened emotional and behavioral needs that require intensive parenting skills.
- This is a rewarding way for skilled and/or experienced parents to provide foster care.
- In most cases, these children have been removed from their families and have lived in various group homes and/or more restrictive settings.
- Stability and safety are important needs for therapeutic foster children.
- Therapeutic foster children look to the foster parent for structured but nurturing support and to learn how to be a part of a healthy family unit.
- Therapeutic foster children must learn how to function in the self-care, future planning, social, academic, leisure/recreational and community realms without the support of their biological families.
- Because many children requiring therapeutic foster care come from a background of abuse and neglect, each child and their foster family are assigned a coordinator.
- The coordinator aids in problem-solving and behavior-management strategies.
For more information, please contact:
Jack Smith, Foster Care Recruiter
Phone: (520) 721-1887 ext. 5283
Fax: (520) 407-5398