Chino Valley/Prescott Overview
Adult Developmentally Disabled Residential Program
- Operating from offices in Chino Valley, Intermountain Centers has provided residential support services to individuals diagnosed with developmental disabilities in Yavapai County and Northern Arizona in the form of small group or family residences and the Day Program since 1978.
- Individuals diagnosed with developmental disabilities who attend the Day Program are both residents of Intermountain’s group and developmental homes as well as community members residing at home with their families.
- Participants of the Day Program spend five days a week in a relaxed, educational setting where they receive both individualized support of skill development, mandated in their Support Plan, and stimulation of leisure and recreational interests through enjoyable group activities.
- Each member’s strengths and needs are assessed and their person-centered team sets their individual goals.
- The Day Program staff provide positive reinforcements for each member in order to support the acquisition of positive life skills.
- By gaining positive life skills, members increase participation in daily self-care and family responsibilities while building communication and social skills.
- Universal goals for all members is to foster self-management skills and self-esteem.
- The Day Program site is located in rural Chino Valley, a pastoral property with easily accessible outdoor spaces and has a maximum of eighteen (18) participants attending each day.
- The Day Program is multi-faceted and incorporates a wide spectrum of activities that are educational, vocational and recreational, depending on each member’s goals.
- Learning opportunities might include acquisition of communication skills for non-verbal members and expansion of vocabulary for verbal members.
- This comes in the form of: mastering the alphabet, counting numbers, typing and navigating a computer, money counting and transferring, maneuvering through art media, making music and interacting with new people in the community.
- Field trips to community-based events, appointments and visits to local restaurants for lunch augment the routine designed to collectively and individually benefit the members.
The hours of operation are 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Referrals are made through the Department of Economic Security/Department of Developmental Disabilities.
Contact and Referral Information
2115 North State Highway 89
Chino Valley, AZ 86323
Tel: (928) 636-2881, Ext. 4101
Fax: (928) 636-6292
Please download our brochure for more information on our Day Program for Developmentally Disabled Adults in Yavapai County. Programs for Developmentally Disabled Adults in Yavapai County